Strength Needed

With my new plan to go to the gym now three to four times a week after work I have decided to do something I really struggle with. Weight lifting. It’s not that I don’t know how it’s just that I don’t like to do it! I find cardio much more enjoyable and therefore it is much easier for me to do. I need to work on my overall strength and besides that muscle burns fat!  
Last year I was taking out the trash and I bent over to pick up the bag and I pinched a nerve in my back and I couldn’t hardly walk for three days and it took almost two weeks to fully recover. I still think that my recovery probably would have gone a lot faster if I had had a stronger back.
Last night when I was at the gym I really wanted to work on my back strength but I realized that I really don’t know many exercises for that and I only found two machines to work on it. So today I thought I would look up some new moves to improve back strength and share them with you. We all know that abs mean nothing unless we work on our backs as well. However, that doesn’t mean we are going to remember to actually work on our backs! And the fact that I only found two dedicated machines in a HUGE gym proves that it is something that we tend to forget to work on.
One thing I still struggle with at the gym is going over to the lifting areas and actually lifting. It is always swarming with men trying to show off and it is quite intimidating to me. Not because of the guys lifting but because I always get stared at for being the only female in the area. Which is unsettling and annoying. I am working on ignoring all of the stares though. It’s just as important as cardio and I can’t be intimidated by the fact there are no other women in the area. 
I am working out the details still of my "no excuses gym attire weekly planning". Last night I realized I didn't have anywhere to put my work clothes once I changed so I figure out to put another bag in my gym bag for those but I feel like I will run into a couple more hiccups along the way but so far I am loving this new idea/plan to get me to workout more often. 
To give a better understanding of my layout in my car: 1 gym bag for shoes, arm band, extra bag for work cloths, etc. things I use every day at the gym and can stay in the bag, 1 bag with the pre-packed grab-and-go outfits.
 Keep on running!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Nuun All Day!