Runners Problem: New Shoes: New Balance WR1

This week I was super excited to try out my new running shoes New Balance WR1. On Friday I decided to get a little run in on the treadmill. I was only planning on three miles because they are bran new shoes and because they are Zero drop shoes I knew that it'd take some getting used to. But I was feeling really good and they were really comfortable and I love running in them so I just kept on running. I reached almost 6 miles and felt fine. A little tense but I stretched extra long afterwards to help with cramping. 
In result: I could barely walk for two days! I knew better... I should have stopped, but I didn't. I knew better from previous shoes AND there is a warning label on the tag to take it easy when you first start using them. My calves were so sore that I looked like a toddler just starting to learn how to walk. Take it easy when the label says to! 
That being said, I loved these guys! I have a feeling they will only be treadmill and very nice road running shoes. You can literally feel every single stitch in a rug with these. I am really looking forward to my future runs in these shoes.
  • Revitalize your stride by moving as nature intended. Fly light in the minimal design and freeing comfort of the WR1 from New Balance®.
  • Part of the NB Minimus line - Set between barefoot running and traditional cushioned running shoes, this Minimus road shoe is ideal for the neutral runner or those seeking to conquer their gait issues by learning better form.
  • Highly breathable mesh upper.
  • Lightweight synthetic overlays.
  • FantomFit is a skeletally designed upper that provides ultralight support and a glove-like fit.
  • No-sew design helps reduce the likelihood of chafing.
  • Foam insole for light underfoot cushioning.
  • Differential: 0 mm.
  • Minimus HI-REZ outsole features independent pods that move with the foot's natural movement to deliver optimal flexibility and increased underfoot sensitivity.
  • Built on an NL-0 last, which features a wide forefoot width, a reduce toe box depth, low instep height and a standard heel width.
  • Imported.
  • Measurements:
    • Weight: 3 oz
  • Product measurements were taken using size 8.5, width B - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Information provided by ww http://www.6pm.com/new-balance-wr1-white-purple  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Nuun All Day!

One does not simply sit on the toilet after leg day