The Up and Coming Locust Hard Cider

Hard cider, is something that I'm more than enjoy. So much so that I was invited to Locust Cider in Woodinville, Washington first a cider tasting. I didn't really know what to expect since I had never been to private cider tasting before but I'm glad to say that I was pleasantly surprised. They spared no expense in catering to the guests by providing gourmet sandwiches and as much cider as we would like to drink, but that wasn't the best part, the cider was something I hadn't yet experienced before which is very exciting.
Locust Cider was founded by two brothers from Texas who just wanted a cider that they can drink. They make most of their ciders from Pacific Northwest apples and fruit. They only use real fruit and no artificial sweeteners. Their slogan is "We think real people deserve real good cider" and I feel like they're definitely on the road to keep their slogan true.
They show cased six different ciders four of which are currently available for purchase at Hagan Groceries and Thriftway grocery stores. These ciders are very different from a traditional American hard ciders, they based their flavor inspiration from French hard ciders.

Locust Summer Berry Hard Cider had a very strong color but a mild flavor. There are soft subtle accents of berries but definitely not an overwhelming flavor. Personally for me this cider was a 1 star out of 5 stars.
Original Dry
Locust Original Hard Cider it's not a typical dry cider. It has very little bitter taste and it's a little bit more sweet and you would think a dry cider should be. I would consider it to be along the lines of the Stella Artois Cider. This has more of a desert feel or even champagne feel. That being said, I gave it 4 stars out of 5.
The founder Jason, presenting his hard work.
Locust Sweet Dark Cherry Hard Cider is a refreshing cider with a gentle cherry flavoring. The cherry flavoring is not overpowering and it doesn't taste like a traditional cherry flavoring. It actually tastes like real fresh cherries have been added to the cider, which was very refreshing to see. I gave this 4 out of 5 stars.
Freshly bottled Original Dry.
Locust Green Tea Infused Hard Cider, get a green tea flavor from the cider until I let it sit on my tongue for a couple of minutes and then I still had to search for the green tea flavor. I got more of a sharp apple flavour, very similar to a granny smith apple which was still pleasant and I still recommend the cider. I give this cider 2 out of 5 stars simply because I didn't get enough green tea flavor from the cider.
Toasting to the beautiful evening.
I'm very excited to see what Locust cider will be able to accomplish. They have a couple of cider in the works that I I am looking forward to, one of which is made with French apples and has a very strong powerful flavor that come straight from the earth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Nuun All Day!