Ramping up

Today I decided to head into Seattle to run with the Seattle Green Lake Running Group. It was really nice to be able to run with a few running buddies for a few miles. They also pushed my pace for a bit, which was really nice! I noticed that even though I was running way faster than I normally would have on my own that it didn't seem that bad. I think I credit this to the fact that I didn't have my running watch on, I somehow forgot it on my long run! I think not looking down at my watch every few seconds allowed me to take my mind off of it and just run. I was even able to hold conversation, so that really means I put too much on my watch lol. I have read a few articles now saying to leave the watch behind every once in awhile and this definitely backed that up.
Stopping for a photo op! 
The full run for me today ended up being 15.81 miles. The last 6 were pretty rough for some reason. I felt pretty done by mile 9 and I am not sure why. My legs actually got tired, which hardly ever happens. But I also did start upping my workouts this week as well, hopefully that's all it was!
On Thursday I ran the faster mile I have ever run. 7:04! 
After the fastest mile ever!
This week I have continued using PiYo and I have started ChaLean Extreme. This new program is a weight lifting centric program. It isn't quite what I expected. In TurbFire is all cardio and in PiYo is "moving yoga". While this new program is all about the reps and holding weights in different positions. But I need it, that's for sure! So I will keep it up. 
Getting Ultra ready!!!
Keep on Running!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Nuun All Day!

One does not simply sit on the toilet after leg day