A Chapter Can Be a Book

The last week has been one huge adventure in my life, yet at the same time quite dull. I have managed to move half way across the continent and fulfill one of my dreams of living in the Pacific Northwest, however, not without a few bumps in the road.

After a three day long excruciating drive from Springfield, MO to the Seattle area, Washington, I arrived at my new apartment to find my kitchen stove and refrigerator in my living room... After an hour or so the maintenance men did get that sorted out. Then there was the refilling toilet, and yet to be fixed dryer without an on knob. Despite the continuing hiccups in my new apartment I have however been able to explore about half a dozen parks in the area. All on the small side but all have their own unique perks to them.

Yesterday I found a "road side" park so to speak that had a tiny playground and a small swing set. The park in all was about 1/4 the size of a football field but was worth a park 40 times that! I went down and sat on the swing and stared out over the Puget Sound, across the water was a picture perfect view of the Olympic Mountain range. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the sun was glorious, as I swung looking out over the water and felt as if there wasn't a care in the world. It could not have been more perfect.

Today on an adventure to find a new park I found a view. The perfect view. One I had been searching for since my arrival here.


I hope that this chapter in my life will be so full of adventures it will take more than a book to tell them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Nuun All Day!

One does not simply sit on the toilet after leg day