Love in it's purest form

How do you plan on living your life? How do you plan on getting to your goal? My goal is to live as long as my grandpa but more importantly, live life like my grandpa. This weekend he turned 91 years young! Happy Birthday Grandpa! For me I hope to be like my grandpa by living in the moment, loving and forgiving, remembering to give more than I receive, to be humble and selfless, and staying as healthy as I can. 


(Out to breakfast, his favorite is my favorite! Biscuits and gravy!)

My grandpa never slows down, he is constantly moving and he is by far the hardest person to get ahold of! He is never home! He is always going out and about, spending time with friends and family, going to community activities and church functions, taking care of his home (including a dozen chickens, a dog and a horse), and helping others.


(Grandpa feeding the horse, yes that's the hay in mid air as he tossed it! Go Grandpa!)

My grandpa has one of the biggest hearts of any person I have ever met. He is always putting others before himself and making sure everyone is taken care of. I've never heard him complain or raise his voice in anger. He has always responded with patience, kindness and understanding.


(Grandpa and I at the Park)

My grandpa is my role model of what a good person should be and who I want to be. He is the one that made sure my family had a roof over our heads and clothes on our back. He went to all of my school functions and made sure I made it to school on time in bad weather (or was running late). I love my grandpa for who he is, what he's done for me and my family when we didn't have a father to look up to, his open arms and his indescribable being. 


(My grandpa, 2 nephews and niece)

I love you Grandpa!


(My brother and his kids, my grandpa and I)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Nuun All Day!