Merry Marathoner's Christmas Day 6

Not long ago seeing people other than construction workers, or someone similar, wearing some form of a reflective vest was almost unheard of. But these days people have taken that idea and changed them into a great too for our door enthusiasts who like to spend time outside in the dark hours of the day. 
I am personally a huge fan of these vests, I just recently purchased my own but these vests have saved many lives of walkers and runners in the neighborhood that I work. People are always speeding around the neighborhood and it can be incredibly hard to see these people even if they are using some kind of light, usually that isn't what I see when I am driving, it's the reflective gear that they are wearing that gives me the heads up that they are walking in the middle of the road. (No, I don't know why they walking/running in the middle of the road when it is pitch black out.) My coworkers are always saying that the only reason why they didn't run someone over is because they saw this vest! Scary, right?!
You might think they are dorky or geeky but when you are out on the streets in the dark it may be your only line of defense against the traffic. If you are an early morning or late evening street runner or walker I highly recommend having something at least similar to this vest.
Stay safe, be visible! (Also recommend not walking/running in the middle of a road.) 
Merry Christmas and Keep on Running! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Nuun All Day!