The start of Advocare!

Today is my first day of Advocare and I can already tell this is going to be an interesting experience. This morning I started off with their signature drink Spark. I am not a fan of fizzy or carbonated drinks and this is a fizzy drink. I will take this twice a day to start, 30 minutes before breakfast and again 30 minutes before lunch. Then in the first 10 days I will also be taking a fiber drink or a probiotic with my breakfast and an herbal cleanse supplement before bed. That's it during the first phase, not too bad really. I already take fiber, probiotics and multivitamins every day. So I'll just be taking a different form of the supplements I am already taking. 
Basically the program is just making sure that I will be getting all of the nutrients in my diet that I should be getting. The "diet" part of it is simply promoting clean eating. Or kind of a paleo diet in the sense that they ask that you don't eat processed foods. So fresh vegetables and fruit and clean fresh meat is the idea.you also shouldn't have alcohol, sugar, white flour, fried foods, candy, etc. But most of those I don't even eat at all anyway, so it really isn't that bad either. For me at least, not this "diet" isn't much of a change for me at all. However, I can see it being difficult if you like junk food.
They also encourage daily exercise, which is good. They even have a place to log it on the daily guide. This is great! Showing that there is no magic pill to get weight off, just aids to help you with your hard work and dedication.
I will be posting updates on my progress every few days, this should be interesting! 
Happy New Year and Keep on Running! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Nuun All Day!

One does not simply sit on the toilet after leg day