A Road Trip with a Run

This week Anthony had his first business trip with Amazon and I was able to tag along! We packed up and headed to Kennewick, WA. I was able to find what seemed like the perfect pass time while Anthony was busy working. A trail to run on! The Sacajawea Trail to be exact. I was pretty excited for a new place to run. When I got the chance I searched out the trail and headed out on my run. It was sunny and beautiful alone the Columbia River. But my run quickly turned a bit sour for me. It wasn't a trail like I am used to at all. It weaved back and forth from the waterfront (which was nice) to the road where I had to run on the shoulder and choke on the exhaust from passing vehicles. 
This was very discouraging for me, so much so I didn't take my second day there and spend it on the trail. Instead I went and road one of the most beautifully preserved carousels I have ever seen! The Carousel of Dreams in Kennewick was originally built in 1910 but looks like it is bran new. I am so glad that I was able to ride this beauty! 
Keep on Running!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Nuun All Day!

One does not simply sit on the toilet after leg day