Crash and Burn

That's definitely what happened last night when I went for a run after I got off work. So excited was I to be running in the sunlight after work and there I was not even a quarter mile into the run on the ground in pain. There was a crack in the sidewalk that I didn't see and when my toe met it I met the ground. 
I hit my knees first and then my hands and somehow also managed to hit my hip and smash my phone. Thankfully I was able to mostly walk it off and we still got another mile and a half of a walk in. And my knees only are missing a tiny bit of skin, so I think I faired alright.
Of all of the running that I've done I can't remember ever falling like that. But I guess it's bound to happen. I hear stories of people falling all the time. And with how clumsy I am I'm surprised that it doesn't happen we more often.
Well, it's the next morning and I'm feeling alright, just a bad bruise on my left knee but I'm walking fine and feeling fine which is the important part. Especially since I have a half marathon this weekend which I've been really looking forward to. 
Lesson learned, pay more attention when I'm running!
Stay safe and Keep on Running! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Nuun All Day!